NORTH CAROLINA - Gov. Pat McCrory has ordered all U.S. and North Carolina flags to be lowered to half-staff on state facilities in recognition of Patriot Day.
The flags will be lowered from from sunrise to sunset on Wednesday, according to McCrory's office.
"The anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks is a stark reminder of the sacrifices made by North Carolina's veterans, military personnel, and first responders to protect our freedom and way of life," said Gov. McCrory. "We are grateful for your willingness to serve at the time of our greatest need."
CLICK HERE for the North Carolina State Government Flag Guide.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney
- Updated Bangladeshi police: Dhaka terror attack planner killed