North Carolina Governor-elect Pat McCrory is now talking about the deadly school shooting in Newtown, Conn.
When asked Thursday what he thought about a proposal to allow teachers to carry concealed weapons, McCrory didn't rule out the idea. But he said he wasn't too keen on it either.
"I firmly believe that the best way to protect schools regarding this terrible incidence, especially with people with mental health problems, is to have people with public safety credentials be in the schools to do the protection," McCrory said.
The proposal to allow teachers to carry guns in school has drawn protests in our state -- from parents and teachers themselves, but an influential gun-rights group in Charlotte is pushing for the plan.
- Updated Adnan Syed, subject of 'Serial' podcast, wants out on bail
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center