CRAVEN COUNTY - The final appointment to the newly formed North Carolina Military Affairs Commission is a Craven County man.
Today, the Office of Governor Pat McCrory announced that Francis P. Bottorff is the final appointment.
Bottorff comes from a military history. He is a retired colonel in the United States Marine Corps and is the former commander of Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, North Carolina.
He is also a member of Allies for Cherry Point, which is an organization focusing on advocacy for the base.
Bottorff was born in Philadelphia, PA in 1962. He went on to attend La Salle University in 1980.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend