JACKSONVILLE - Outgoing NC Governor Bev Perdue made a visit to an Onslow County Elementary School on her official last day in office.
In a news release, the Governor's office said Perdue will speak at a digital hand-held event at Blue Creek Elementary School in the 1200 block of Burgaw Highway in Jacksonville. The release said as part of her speech, the Governor will recognize Onslow County Schools for its use of classroom technology. Superintendent Dr. Kathy Spencer and Principal Glenn Reed are also set to be in attendance at the event.
The release said Gov. Perdue will also tour classrooms at the school, as well as nearby Southwest High School as part of her visit to Jacksonville.
- Updated FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan