RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory is back on the road talking about offshore energy exploration.
McCrory was scheduled to attend Tuesday the annual meeting of the Southern States Energy Board along the coast of Gulf of Mexico in Biloxi, Miss. He's supposed to participate in a morning forum with Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant to discuss developing oil and natural gas exploration within the Outer-Continental Shelf.
McCrory wants President Obama's administration to expand offshore leasing. He and other offshore energy boosters say it will make the country more energy independent while creating thousands of industry jobs and generating government revenues.
The governor signed a bill this year approved by the General Assembly that urges him to negotiate with South Carolina and Virginia to create a regional offshore strategy compact.
- New Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- New Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Updated Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health