RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - Gov. Pat McCrory announced Wednesday that thousands of teachers will get a combined $10 million in salary increase.
According to the governor, more than 3,000 teachers pursuing master's degrees will receive salary increases when they graduate, an investment of more than $10 million. McCrory said his administration has found the necessary funds, but there was no word on a timetable for the plan.
Gov. McCrory said he also signed an executive order to create the Governor's Teacher Advisory Council to represent teachers from across the state. McCrory said his administration will continue to reduce the number of standardized tests and create a local control option for school systems to use.
- Updated Predicted rainy forecast forces high schools to move more games
- Updated Poll: Clinton favorability slides to equal Trump
- Updated Inequality is widening, even in real estate
- Updated Landmark US commercial flight lands in Cuba
- Updated Donald Trump to deliver highly anticipated immigration speech following Mexico visit