RALEIGH - Governor Pat McCrory is scheduled to use a trip to Washington to bring attention to the importance of the military and veterans in North Carolina.
A statement from the governor's office said McCrory will meet with military and congressional leaders Wednesday in Washington.
While there, McCrory will meet with officials at the Pentagon to discuss the military's impact on North Carolina. He will also meet with North Carolina's Congressional Delegation to discuss ways to further support the military and veterans.
North Carolina's military community consists of six major installations with more than 150 National Guard and Army Reserve facilities.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns