PITT COUNTY - The Highway Patrol said a good Samaritan pulled a seriously injured driver out of a burning car in Pitt County.
Trooper Adrian Bowen said the driver was traveling east on Gum Swamp Road near Ayden when his car ran off the road to the right at about 5:40 p.m. Sunday. The vehicle then hit a culvert and rolled over.
The car caught fire, but a person who lives nearby pulled the driver from the vehicle, said Trooper Bowen.
The good Samaritan was not hurt, but the driver suffered serious injuries, Trooper Bowen said.
The name of the driver has not been released. It's unclear what caused the driver to crash.
Photo credit: Lisa Duncan
- Updated How Syrian activists use WhatsApp to tell the world their stories
- Investigators: MH17 shot down by Buk missile brought in from Russia
- Billionaire: Chinese real estate is 'biggest bubble in history'
- Controversial 3-parent baby technique produces a boy
- Government workers banned from entering NC due to House Bill 2