PITT COUNTY - The Highway Patrol said a good Samaritan pulled a seriously injured driver out of a burning car in Pitt County.
Trooper Adrian Bowen said the driver was traveling east on Gum Swamp Road near Ayden when his car ran off the road to the right at about 5:40 p.m. Sunday. The vehicle then hit a culvert and rolled over.
The car caught fire, but a person who lives nearby pulled the driver from the vehicle, said Trooper Bowen.
The good Samaritan was not hurt, but the driver suffered serious injuries, Trooper Bowen said.
The name of the driver has not been released. It's unclear what caused the driver to crash.
Photo credit: Lisa Duncan
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms