PITT COUNTY - The Highway Patrol said a good Samaritan pulled a seriously injured driver out of a burning car in Pitt County.
Trooper Adrian Bowen said the driver was traveling east on Gum Swamp Road near Ayden when his car ran off the road to the right at about 5:40 p.m. Sunday. The vehicle then hit a culvert and rolled over.
The car caught fire, but a person who lives nearby pulled the driver from the vehicle, said Trooper Bowen.
The good Samaritan was not hurt, but the driver suffered serious injuries, Trooper Bowen said.
The name of the driver has not been released. It's unclear what caused the driver to crash.
Photo credit: Lisa Duncan
- LIVE FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Bill Murray is done with boring golf clothes
- World Series ticket prices at a record high
- State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated At Chicago O'Hare, American Airlines 767 catches fire on runway