GOLDSBORO - Deputies in Goldsboro are on the hunt for someone they say is a person of interest in a homicide investigation.
According to the Wayne County Sheriff's office, deputies responded to a call around 2 a.m. Monday of shots fired. When they arrived, they found 23-year-old Uber Ortiz Salas seriously injured from a gunshot wound. He was transported to Wayne Memorial Hospital where he later died of his injuries.
Deputies are currently looking for that person of interest so that they can be questioned about the homicide. Anyone who has information pertaining to the case is asked to call the Wayne County Sheriff's Office at 919-731-1481 or Wayne County CrimeStoppers at 919-735-2255.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated