GOLDSBORO - People concerned about gang-related crimes and drug abuse in Goldsboro are talking about efforts to fight the violence.
The Goldsboro/Wayne chapter of the NAACP and other group formed STOP the Funeral Initiative. They're holding a news conference Wednesday at Rebuilding Broken Places CDC on North William Street in Goldsboro.
On Thursday and Friday, a conference about drug dealers and gang members will be held at Greenleaf Christian Church for adults only. A similar meeting for people 18 years old and younger will be held Friday at Word Faith Center.
The conferences are designed to reach young people who live with drugs and gangs and help them change their lives.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend