GOLDSBORO - People concerned about gang-related crimes and drug abuse in Goldsboro are talking about efforts to fight the violence.
The Goldsboro/Wayne chapter of the NAACP and other group formed STOP the Funeral Initiative. They're holding a news conference Wednesday at Rebuilding Broken Places CDC on North William Street in Goldsboro.
On Thursday and Friday, a conference about drug dealers and gang members will be held at Greenleaf Christian Church for adults only. A similar meeting for people 18 years old and younger will be held Friday at Word Faith Center.
The conferences are designed to reach young people who live with drugs and gangs and help them change their lives.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns