GOLDSBORO, WAYNE COUNTY - The Goldsboro community has "Majesty Mania."
Majesty Rose has made it through Thursday night's elimination round on Fox's American Idol.
Originally from Goldsboro, the 21-year-old is a preschool teacher at the Goldsboro Family YMCA. Her mother, Lori Grant, says performance is something that runs in Majesty's family.
"It's in her blood, it's in her blood, but she's got something that none of us can touch, and we always knew that," Grant said.
The community gathered for a viewing party at the YMCA to watch who got voted off the show. Majesty made it through safe, and will continue on to perform next week.
"I'm happy for her," Grant said. "This is her moment. My little girl is in Hollywood, I can't believe it."
American Idol will continue next Wednesday night at 8 p.m. E.T.
- Trump meets with top US manufacturers
- Updated Uber pleads with users deleting the app: 'We're hurting'
- New York Times ad seeks the truth ... during the Oscars
- Updated Lejeune High School senior named Marine Corps Military Child of the Year
- One Republican congressman's plan to deal with town hall disrupters