GOLDSBORO, WAYNE COUNTY - The Goldsboro community has "Majesty Mania."
Majesty Rose has made it through Thursday night's elimination round on Fox's American Idol.
Originally from Goldsboro, the 21-year-old is a preschool teacher at the Goldsboro Family YMCA. Her mother, Lori Grant, says performance is something that runs in Majesty's family.
"It's in her blood, it's in her blood, but she's got something that none of us can touch, and we always knew that," Grant said.
The community gathered for a viewing party at the YMCA to watch who got voted off the show. Majesty made it through safe, and will continue on to perform next week.
"I'm happy for her," Grant said. "This is her moment. My little girl is in Hollywood, I can't believe it."
American Idol will continue next Wednesday night at 8 p.m. E.T.
- Updated How Syrian activists use WhatsApp to tell the world their stories
- Investigators: MH17 shot down by Buk missile brought in from Russia
- Billionaire: Chinese real estate is 'biggest bubble in history'
- Controversial 3-parent baby technique produces a boy
- Government workers banned from entering NC due to House Bill 2