NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Trash pick ups have been delayed again for Thursday. Republic Services staff tells us the two-day snow delay is incredibly rare. Staff says they are used to delays from tropical systems, but snow events usually only delay their schedules by a day.
"Right now our plan is to go back on Friday morning, depending on the weather again," says Republic Service of New Bern Supervisor, Johnnie Becton.
Becton says they will concentrate on picking up Thursday's trash on Friday. People who usually see trash pick-up on Wednesday will be fit in throughout the day on Friday and Saturday. New Bern Director of Public Works Mark Stephens says they will schedule double shifts if needed to get the trash cleared out as soon as possible.
They recommend keeping trash cans by the curb so service men do not have to search for the bins.
As of Wednesday night some supermarkets were open, but staff counts were down due to dangerous travel conditions. A staff member from Harris Teeter in New Bern told News Channel 12 that many of the employees couldn't make it to work. The Walmart in Pamlico County today was closed because of the effects of the winter weather.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Updated Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates