JACKSONVILLE - A gas tank hose ruptured, forcing part of a busy highway to shutdown, fire investigators said.
The tank, belonging to "Great Gas" company, was holding 30,000 gallons of liquid petroleum, fire officials said. But a hose connected to the tank ruptured at around 11 p.m. Tuesday night, causing the gas to leak.
The leak caused Highway 17, near Onslow Drive to close for 2 hours, as crews worked to prevent an explosion.
No one was injured, fire investigators said. They did not suspect foul play, and believed the incident was likely due to equipment failure.
- Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- New labels warn against mixing opioids, benzodiazepines
- Mark Zuckerberg's visit gives Nigerian startups much-needed boost
- Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father-in-law