Garage apartment catches fire and causes damage
Fire officials believe an electrical problem may be to blame.
The fire happened at 108 Poplar Street in New Bern around 9 p.m. Tuesday night.
No injuries were reported; however, there was minor smoke and fire damage to the building.
The incident commander on scene said the fire remains under investigation. They believe the fire may have started because of an electrical problem in a window air conditioning unit.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.