NORTH CAROLINA - Funeral services are set for the pilot who was flying a UPS cargo jet when it crashed in Alabama last week.
Cerea Beal Jr. will be laid to rest Tuesday in North Carolina, where he lived.
The 58-year-old Mississippi native is survived by a wife and three children. He lived in Matthews, N.C.
Services were held previously for the co-pilot, 37-year-old Shanda Fanning of Lynchburg, Tenn.
Investigators say Beal was at the controls of an A300 cargo plane when it crashed while attempting to land at Birmingham's airport last Wednesday.
The National Transportation Safety Board is still investigating the cause of the crash.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend