BLADEN COUNTY - An Illinois marine stationed at Marine Corps Air Station New River will be laid to rest on Friday, May 30th, in Morris, IL.
Lance Corporal Steven M. Hancock, 20, died earlier this week after falling from a V-22 Osprey during a training exercise in Bladen County.
According UC Davis Callahan Funeral Home a visitation will be held Thursday evening, May 29, at First Christian Church in Morris, IL. Funeral Services will be held the next day at 10 a.m. at the church.
Burial will be at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery. The United States Marine Corps will conduct full military honors.
Hancock is originally from Coal City, IL and joined the Marine Corps in March of 2012. He was the crew chief of the V-22 Osprey he fell from, while in flight, on Monday. Search crews found his body Tuesday afternoon. The accident is currently under investigation by the Marine Corps.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated