BLADEN COUNTY - An Illinois marine stationed at Marine Corps Air Station New River will be laid to rest on Friday, May 30th, in Morris, IL.
Lance Corporal Steven M. Hancock, 20, died earlier this week after falling from a V-22 Osprey during a training exercise in Bladen County.
According UC Davis Callahan Funeral Home a visitation will be held Thursday evening, May 29, at First Christian Church in Morris, IL. Funeral Services will be held the next day at 10 a.m. at the church.
Burial will be at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery. The United States Marine Corps will conduct full military honors.
Hancock is originally from Coal City, IL and joined the Marine Corps in March of 2012. He was the crew chief of the V-22 Osprey he fell from, while in flight, on Monday. Search crews found his body Tuesday afternoon. The accident is currently under investigation by the Marine Corps.
- Updated Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations
- Updated Sheriff's Office searching for missing Greenville teen
- New Yorkers rally to say, 'Today I am a Muslim, too'
- Local businesses teaming up to feed hungry at Empty Bowls event
- Global arms trade hits highest level since end of Cold War