WILSON, WILSON COUNTY - Funeral arrangements have been set for an Airman from Wilson who was shot and killed in Denver.
A public visitation for 19-year-old Airman 1st Class Shaquille Hargrove is scheduled for Friday from 5p.m. to 8 p.m. at Feel Free Church Ministries, located at 3543 U.S. 301 in Wilson. His funeral is set for noon Saturday at L.N. Forbes Original Free Will Baptist Tabernacle, at 1800 Lane St. Extension in Wilson.
Police said a gunman shot and killed Hargrove at about 2 a.m. on July 13 in downtown Denver, according to ABC-affiliate KMGH-TV. This was following a large fight. Hargrove was shot in the chest and died at Denver Health Medical Center, investigators said.
Police have released a sketch of the alleged gunman, based on witness accounts. The suspect is described as a light-skinned black male with facial acne. According to investigators, the suspect is in his 20s, about 5'7'' and weighs between 160 and 180 pounds. Police said the alleged gunman had wire-rim glasses and wore a do-rag over his braided hair.
Hargrove was a a satellite systems operator at Buckley Air Force Base, KMGH-TV reported.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race