GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - People in Greenville gathered Friday to raise money for a Greenville police officer battling melanoma, the most dangerous form of skin cancer.
Volunteers sold spaghetti and meat sauce lunches to help Officer Robert Wright, who is currently undergoing treatment for metastatic melanoma.
Wright was at the fundraiser Friday and said he's grateful for all the support.
"If I could get the word out and somebody starts using sunscreen or takes care of themselves skin-wise and sun-wise, that they don't get it, then I'm completely blessed," said Wright.
Wright is heading to UNC Hospitals on Monday to continue his cancer treatment.
- Updated U.K. approves crucial third runway at London's Heathrow
- Updated Judge approves Volkswagen's $15B emissions settlement
- Updated NBA: 10 big predictions for the new season
- Updated Drinking two sweetened drinks per day? You could be doubling your risk of diabetes
- Updated Rain expected from Upper Midwest to New England