COLERAIN, BERTIE COUNTY - A school bus, with 32 students on board, crashed into a ditch under heavy rain from Tropical Storm Andrea, according to the Highway Patrol.
Charges are pending against 41-year-old Jacquelind Sessoms. She told investigators she was driving her school bus on Highway 42, between Powellsville and Colerain, when her vehicle hydroplaned and ran off the road to the left. The school bus then ended up in a ditch, troopers said. The accident happened at about 8 a.m. Friday.
The school bus was carrying 32 students at the time, but no injuries were reported, troopers said. The bus was heading to Colerain Elementary School.
- Updated Hope that someone gets my message in a bottle - and someone did ... 50 years later
- Updated Deputies looking to identify man wanted for questioning in fraud case
- Updated Mediterranean migrant deaths reach record level in 2016
- Updated Megyn Kelly's epic clash with Newt Gingrich
- Updated Dogs go on poop patrol to sniff out fecal bacteria