COLERAIN, BERTIE COUNTY - A school bus, with 32 students on board, crashed into a ditch under heavy rain from Tropical Storm Andrea, according to the Highway Patrol.
Charges are pending against 41-year-old Jacquelind Sessoms. She told investigators she was driving her school bus on Highway 42, between Powellsville and Colerain, when her vehicle hydroplaned and ran off the road to the left. The school bus then ended up in a ditch, troopers said. The accident happened at about 8 a.m. Friday.
The school bus was carrying 32 students at the time, but no injuries were reported, troopers said. The bus was heading to Colerain Elementary School.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend