FORT BRAGG, N.C. - An Army paratrooper at Fort Bragg has been arrested and charged with being involved in a robbery in Philadelphia in 2002.
The Fayetteville Observer reported that 34-year-old Caliph Hassan Samuel was arrested Wednesday by Cumberland County sheriff's deputies.
Samuel is charged with being a fugitive from justice in Philadelphia, where he is charged with robbery with serious injury.
The warrant states that Samuel was in the 307th Brigade Support Battalion, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division.
Court records show Samuel was charged with a robbery on May 2, 2002.
It was not clear if he has an attorney.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Updated Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew