FORT BRAGG, N.C. - An Army paratrooper at Fort Bragg has been arrested and charged with being involved in a robbery in Philadelphia in 2002.
The Fayetteville Observer reported that 34-year-old Caliph Hassan Samuel was arrested Wednesday by Cumberland County sheriff's deputies.
Samuel is charged with being a fugitive from justice in Philadelphia, where he is charged with robbery with serious injury.
The warrant states that Samuel was in the 307th Brigade Support Battalion, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division.
Court records show Samuel was charged with a robbery on May 2, 2002.
It was not clear if he has an attorney.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Pence: Trump is 'a CEO at work' on immigration
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death