EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA - Eastern Carolina woke up to below freezing temperatures Wednesday and we have been below freezing for more than 30 straight hours.
Already we have set new-low temperature records for Washington and New Bern. This is on top of the record setting cold temperatures we had both for morning lows and day time highs on Tuesday.
However this morning is slightly different than Tuesday morning as we do not have the blustery wind. As a result there is no Wind Chill Advisory in effect for this morning.
Finally by early afternoon we will get above freezing. Temperatures will continue to moderate for the second half of this week and by the weekend we will be in the 70s.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike