EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA - Eastern Carolina woke up to below freezing temperatures Wednesday and we have been below freezing for more than 30 straight hours.
Already we have set new-low temperature records for Washington and New Bern. This is on top of the record setting cold temperatures we had both for morning lows and day time highs on Tuesday.
However this morning is slightly different than Tuesday morning as we do not have the blustery wind. As a result there is no Wind Chill Advisory in effect for this morning.
Finally by early afternoon we will get above freezing. Temperatures will continue to moderate for the second half of this week and by the weekend we will be in the 70s.
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Greater New Bern Business Expo attracts thousands
- Updated Five years since Hurricane Irene made landfall in Eastern Carolina
- Updated Funeral for mother and three children murdered in Greenville
- In presidential elections, size doesn't always matter