RIVERBEND - Police released new details about what happened inside a Craven County Dollar General store during an armed robbery, Saturday.
The armed robbery was reported at the Dollar General store in River Bend on Pirates Road during business hours, according to police.
In a new development, River Bend police released the frantic 911 call made by a customer from inside the store. The recording reveals a customer was pulled to safety by an employee while two clerks faced two armed, masked men at the register.
Police Chief Ryland Matthews is applauding the quick thinking and actions of all the Dollar General employees during the robbery.
"Our hats go off to them," Matthews said. "To protect yourself and protect others is great."
Investigators say the suspects stole an undisclosed amount of money from three registers then escaped in a silver Nissan.
The two suspects, both men, are believed to be in their early 20s.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call River Bend Police Department at 638-1108.
- Officials: No threat following claims of man with a gun inside Walmart
- Officials investigating after two bodies found inside home that caught fire
- Five suspects in Lenoir County home invasion now in custody
- Down East Wood Ducks announce roster for start of season
- Updated NC State star Dennis Smith declares for draft