VANCEBORO - Emergency management confirms a house fire at an unoccupied home is under investigation.
The incident happened on James Street in Vanceboro overnight; emergency officials say they received a call around 2:45 a.m. An unoccupied mobile home was on fire. Crews believe the fire started on the front porch area near the door.
This is the fourth fire in a month, according to Stanley Kite. Right now, they are treating each incident as separate events.
This past weekend, crews responded to a fire at the old train depot. That has also been ruled suspicious as it was unoccupied at the time.
- Election law doesn't care if Trump (or Clinton) ever concede
- Obama admits to laughing at Trump during debates
- How the GOP's first female presidential campaign manager manages Donald Trump
- Trump campaign launches nightly 'newscast' on Facebook
- More than 20 killed in attack on Pakistani police academy