VANCEBORO - Emergency management confirms a house fire at an unoccupied home is under investigation.
The incident happened on James Street in Vanceboro overnight; emergency officials say they received a call around 2:45 a.m. An unoccupied mobile home was on fire. Crews believe the fire started on the front porch area near the door.
This is the fourth fire in a month, according to Stanley Kite. Right now, they are treating each incident as separate events.
This past weekend, crews responded to a fire at the old train depot. That has also been ruled suspicious as it was unoccupied at the time.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend