VANCEBORO - Emergency management confirms a house fire at an unoccupied home is under investigation.
The incident happened on James Street in Vanceboro overnight; emergency officials say they received a call around 2:45 a.m. An unoccupied mobile home was on fire. Crews believe the fire started on the front porch area near the door.
This is the fourth fire in a month, according to Stanley Kite. Right now, they are treating each incident as separate events.
This past weekend, crews responded to a fire at the old train depot. That has also been ruled suspicious as it was unoccupied at the time.
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida
- Updated Google launches offline YouTube app and Wi-Fi expansion in India