GASTONIA, GASTON COUNTY - GASTONIA, N.C. (AP) - Police say a 4-year-old Gastonia boy has died after collapsing at a local day care.
Paramedics and police were called to a day care center shortly after 9:30 a.m. Monday. A 911 call reported that someone was having trouble breathing.
An employee told police the boy was playing with children in a room when she noticed him walking strangely. Gastonia police spokeswoman Donna Lahser says the employee said the child then fell down.
The boy was taken to Gaston Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Gaston County medical examiner is investigating the boy's death. Police say they do not suspect foul play and said there is no indication that the death was caused by anything other than a medical condition.
The boy's name was not released.
- Updated Biden aims to reassure Turks of US support after failed coup
- Updated How should you talk to loved ones about their weight?
- Updated Oil billionaire: Trump didn't 'understand' simple fracking question
- Updated Thousands of fish die in Yellowstone River
- Inside the big banks' plan for new digital cash