GASTONIA, GASTON COUNTY - GASTONIA, N.C. (AP) - Police say a 4-year-old Gastonia boy has died after collapsing at a local day care.
Paramedics and police were called to a day care center shortly after 9:30 a.m. Monday. A 911 call reported that someone was having trouble breathing.
An employee told police the boy was playing with children in a room when she noticed him walking strangely. Gastonia police spokeswoman Donna Lahser says the employee said the child then fell down.
The boy was taken to Gaston Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Gaston County medical examiner is investigating the boy's death. Police say they do not suspect foul play and said there is no indication that the death was caused by anything other than a medical condition.
The boy's name was not released.
- Updated Alabama Mardi Gras parade canceled after car hits band members
- Updated Google officially reveals its latest robot
- Updated China considers baby bonus for couples to have second child
- Updated Grant Application Intake session slated in Snow Hill
- Updated Starbucks is coming to the home of the espresso