Police in Rocky Mount say they are investigating a shooting that injured four juveniles Monday night.
It happened just before 6 p.m. on a basketball court near the 1100 block of West Raleigh Boulevard.
Police say the incident started at a nearby convenience store, escalated and ended in a shooting on the court.
Word Tabernacle Church owns the property where the shooting happened. The basketball court is in their parking lot, but it's not known if the juveniles have any connection to the church.
The victims were taken to Nash General Hospital. There's no word yet on their ages, conditions or names.
Police also won't say if they have recovered a weapon or if they have a suspect in custody.
Anyone with information on the shootings are asked to call Rocky Mount police.
- Updated Officer pleads not guilty in Philando Castile killing
- Updated Will Trump get his commerce secretary?
- New One arrested, two wanted in Onslow County break-in
- Lenor County business to add 25 jobs, $4.5 million in investments
- Nunes: 'We still have not seen any evidence' of Trump campaign, Russia contact