Police in Rocky Mount say they are investigating a shooting that injured four juveniles Monday night.
It happened just before 6 p.m. on a basketball court near the 1100 block of West Raleigh Boulevard.
Police say the incident started at a nearby convenience store, escalated and ended in a shooting on the court.
Word Tabernacle Church owns the property where the shooting happened. The basketball court is in their parking lot, but it's not known if the juveniles have any connection to the church.
The victims were taken to Nash General Hospital. There's no word yet on their ages, conditions or names.
Police also won't say if they have recovered a weapon or if they have a suspect in custody.
Anyone with information on the shootings are asked to call Rocky Mount police.
- Updated Tornado watch continues for most of Eastern NC
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal