Emerald Isle - Four people were pulled from the water after the boat they were on sank in the intracoastal waterway near the bridge to Emerald Isle.
A passer-by pulled the four people from the water. There were no major injuries.
The motor on a small craft broke free, creating a 2 1/2-foot hole in the stern. The boat quickly went down, leaving the four people in the water.
A crew with Tow Boat US said they responded to the area after 8:30 a.m. Friday, and pulled the boat back to shore.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend