KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - A man is arrested after deputies found forty pounds of marijuana in his vehicle.
Jimmy Britt, 60, was stopped at a traffic checkpoint on Saturday, officials said. Officers smelled marijuana coming from inside the car which lead to the vehicle being searched.
Four packages of marijuana were discovered in the car's trunk, officials said. Each of the packages weighed approximately ten pounds each.
The investigation continued with a search of Britt's home where six more pounds of marijuana was found.
In all, forty-six pounds of the drug were seized, along with $10,000 in cash.
Britt was charged with trafficking marijuana by possession, trafficking marijuana by transport and maintaining a vehicle for controlled substances.
Britt was held in the Lenoir County Sheriff's Detention Center under $55,000 secured bond.
- Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Here's how peanut butter snacks may save endangered ferrets
- Updated Canadian nurse accused of killing 8 nursing home residents
- Craven County Schools among those recognized for top graduation rate honors
- 'No kids with special needs?' Mom fights talent scout who rejected son