A soldier based in North Carolina was killed in Afghanistan.
Spc. Jonathan Batista died Sunday, when enemy forces attacked his unit with gunfire, according to the Department of Defense.
The 22-year-old Batista was assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg. He was a native of New Jersey.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Updated Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez