A soldier based in North Carolina was killed in Afghanistan.
Spc. Jonathan Batista died Sunday, when enemy forces attacked his unit with gunfire, according to the Department of Defense.
The 22-year-old Batista was assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg. He was a native of New Jersey.
- Updated North Korean ministries plotted Kim's death, spies say
- Updated NAACP to hold news conferences announcing boycott
- Updated Bergdahl lawyers will ask U.S. Army court to dismiss case
- Trayvon Martin's death five years later
- NC Emergency Management Reps in Snow Hill to help with recovery applications