A 39-year-old Army staff sergeant from Pennsylvania has died from wounds suffered in an explosion in Afghanistan.
The Defense Department said in a release Friday that Staff Sgt. Eric Holman, of Evans City, Penn., died on Wednesday in Ghazni province.
The Pentagon says Holman died of wounds suffered when he encountered an enemy's improvised explosive device.
Holman was assigned to the 192nd Ordnance Battalion, 52nd Ordnance Group, with the 20th Support Command at Fort Bragg, N.C.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals