A 39-year-old Army staff sergeant from Pennsylvania has died from wounds suffered in an explosion in Afghanistan.
The Defense Department said in a release Friday that Staff Sgt. Eric Holman, of Evans City, Penn., died on Wednesday in Ghazni province.
The Pentagon says Holman died of wounds suffered when he encountered an enemy's improvised explosive device.
Holman was assigned to the 192nd Ordnance Battalion, 52nd Ordnance Group, with the 20th Support Command at Fort Bragg, N.C.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms