A 39-year-old Army staff sergeant from Pennsylvania has died from wounds suffered in an explosion in Afghanistan.
The Defense Department said in a release Friday that Staff Sgt. Eric Holman, of Evans City, Penn., died on Wednesday in Ghazni province.
The Pentagon says Holman died of wounds suffered when he encountered an enemy's improvised explosive device.
Holman was assigned to the 192nd Ordnance Battalion, 52nd Ordnance Group, with the 20th Support Command at Fort Bragg, N.C.
- Updated Officer pleads not guilty in Philando Castile killing
- Updated Will Trump get his commerce secretary?
- New One arrested, two wanted in Onslow County break-in
- Lenor County business to add 25 jobs, $4.5 million in investments
- Nunes: 'We still have not seen any evidence' of Trump campaign, Russia contact