FORT BRAGG - Military officials say an 82nd Airborne Division paratrooper has died from injuries received in a motorcycle accident in South Carolina.
A statement from the 82nd Airborne at Fort Bragg said 30-year-old Warrant Officer Anisha Phillips of New York was a chemical, biological, nuclear and radiological technician.
Phillips was killed in an accident in Florence, S.C., last Saturday.
The statement said Phillips served two combat tours in Iraq and tour in Afghanistan.
- Updated Ryder Cup: Europe cuts US lead on opening day at Hazeltine
- Updated Wells Fargo made me work overtime -- without extra pay
- Rangers officially complete purchase of Kinston franchise from Minor League Baseball
- Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- A local family's battle with addiction