FAYETTEVILLE - An Army officer at Fort Bragg has been charged with driving under the influence and assaulting three Fayetteville police officers.
The Fayetteville Observer reported that 41-year-old Lt. Col. Alfonso T. Plummer was arrested Wednesday for an incident that occurred as he tried to leave a nightclub last weekend.
Plummer is charged with three counts of assault with a deadly weapon on a government official and one count each of driving while impaired and possessing an open container of alcohol in the passenger area of a vehicle.
Court documents show Plummer had arrived at Fort Bragg last week.
It was not clear if Plummer has an attorney.
- Officials: No threat following claims of man with a gun inside Walmart
- Officials investigating after two bodies found inside home that caught fire
- Five suspects in Lenoir County home invasion now in custody
- Down East Wood Ducks announce roster for start of season
- Updated NC State star Dennis Smith declares for draft