FORT BRAGG, N.C. - Officials at Fort Bragg say an airman has died after he was run over by a government vehicle during an Air Force training exercise.
A news release from the Army post says the airman was hit by the vehicle on Wednesday about 10:45 a.m.
The airman's name hasn't been released pending notification of his family. The incident is under investigation.
In June, a Fort Bragg paratrooper from New York was killed during a training accident. An 82nd Airborne soldier from Washington state was killed during artillery live-fire training in February.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens