WATAUGA COUNTY - A former Watauga County elementary school teacher has been arrested and charged with sexual misconduct with a students.
Sheriff's deputies say the 45-year-old is charged with two counts of sexual activity with a student and two counts of indecent liberties with a child.
School officials say Bower taught in Watauga schools for about 15 years.
Watauga Schools Superintendent David Fonseca said Bower resigned Aug. 19 as a fifth-grade teacher at Cove Creek Elementary School. Fonseca says she resigned a day before the school system learned of the investigation.
Deputies say they were contacted several weeks ago about the allegations.
They say the activities are alleged to have occurred between 1998 and 200 and between 2004 and 2006.
It was not clear if Bower has a lawyer.
- Updated WHO: Americas officially free from measles
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida