WATAUGA COUNTY - A former Watauga County elementary school teacher has been arrested and charged with sexual misconduct with a students.
Sheriff's deputies say the 45-year-old is charged with two counts of sexual activity with a student and two counts of indecent liberties with a child.
School officials say Bower taught in Watauga schools for about 15 years.
Watauga Schools Superintendent David Fonseca said Bower resigned Aug. 19 as a fifth-grade teacher at Cove Creek Elementary School. Fonseca says she resigned a day before the school system learned of the investigation.
Deputies say they were contacted several weeks ago about the allegations.
They say the activities are alleged to have occurred between 1998 and 200 and between 2004 and 2006.
It was not clear if Bower has a lawyer.
- Updated North Korean ministries plotted Kim's death, spies say
- Updated NAACP to hold news conferences announcing boycott
- Updated Bergdahl lawyers will ask U.S. Army court to dismiss case
- Trayvon Martin's death five years later
- NC Emergency Management Reps in Snow Hill to help with recovery applications