GASTONIA, N.C. - A former Stanley pastor has pleaded guilty to engaging in sex acts with two girls while in Haiti doing mission work in 2009.
The Gaston Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/XpXjU3) Larry Bollinger was charged with two counts of sexual misconduct with minors last May. Federal indictments said he had sexual relations with the girls, who were 11 and 12 years old at the time.
The 67-year-old Bollinger cried in federal court Friday, thanking his wife for support and offering an apology. He faces a maximum of 30 years in prison for each count. A sentencing date hasn't been set.
Bollinger worked for a missionary organization while in Haiti. While there, he served on several committees including a photography team which was to take pictures of each of the more than 600 students.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 'Unprecedented' divide: Democrats fear recession, Republicans see boom
- Volunteers come out to help for Reef Habitat Project event
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures