BEAUFORT COUNTY - A former nurse has been charged for allegedly committing prescription fraud in Beaufort County.
According to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office, 33-year old Kacey Reann Midgette, of Jamesville, is charged with 11 counts of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud.
Midgette is a former licensed practical nurse for a doctor's office in Washington County. Investigators said she used the identities of her associates to call in prescriptions for large quantities of hydrocodone for personal use.
Investigators said the suspect went to two pharmacies in Beaufort County to pick up those prescriptions. Midgette obtained 1,100 dosage units of hydrocondone over a six-month period, according to deputies.
Midgette was arrested on Feb. 26 and was being held at the Beaufort County Detention Center under a $11,000 secured bond, the Sheriff's Office Stated.
According to investigators, Midgette is also under investigation for similar charges in Martin and Washington Counties.
- New Eyewitness claims woman threw kittens from moving car
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn