RALEIGH - A former NBA player from Eastern North Carolina has been sentenced to federal prison.
Kenneth Ray Williams, 44, of Elizabeth City, was sentenced to 9 months in prison, followed by one year of supervised release. He was also ordered to pay $661,277 in restitution.
Williams pleaded guilty to willful failure to pay child support. He played in the NBA with the Indiana Pacers, Boston Celtics, and Denver Nuggets.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth