GOLDSBORO, WAYNE COUNTY - A former North Carolina police captain is accused of statutory rape and other sex-related crimes.
According to the State Bureau of Investigation, 43-year-old Chad Calloway, a former captain with the Goldsboro Police Department, was arrested Monday.
Calloway has been charged with two counts of statutory rape, three counts of statutory sex offense, three counts of sexual offense with someone he knows, and four counts of indecent liberties, an SBI spokesperson said.
No other details of the alleged crimes have been released.
Calloway is free on a $500,000 bond.
- Updated Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday
- Zip line fall leaves Delaware woman dead
- Crews battle fire in unoccupied Greenville apartment
- Updated Clinton: Trump leading 'hate movement'; Trump: Clinton a 'bigot'