GOLDSBORO, WAYNE COUNTY - A former North Carolina police captain is accused of statutory rape and other sex-related crimes.
According to the State Bureau of Investigation, 43-year-old Chad Calloway, a former captain with the Goldsboro Police Department, was arrested Monday.
Calloway has been charged with two counts of statutory rape, three counts of statutory sex offense, three counts of sexual offense with someone he knows, and four counts of indecent liberties, an SBI spokesperson said.
No other details of the alleged crimes have been released.
Calloway is free on a $500,000 bond.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms