GOLDSBORO, WAYNE COUNTY - A former North Carolina police captain is accused of statutory rape and other sex-related crimes.
According to the State Bureau of Investigation, 43-year-old Chad Calloway, a former captain with the Goldsboro Police Department, was arrested Monday.
Calloway has been charged with two counts of statutory rape, three counts of statutory sex offense, three counts of sexual offense with someone he knows, and four counts of indecent liberties, an SBI spokesperson said.
No other details of the alleged crimes have been released.
Calloway is free on a $500,000 bond.
- Updated Suicide attacks kill dozens in Syrian city of Homs
- Updated Pence pledges to 'keep our end of the bargain' with top Jewish supporters
- Witness recalls moments before, after Olathe shooting
- Teen wants to be guardian of sister after both parents die
- Prosecutors question NYC mayor in federal probe