WINSTON-SALEM - A former North Carolina legislator who was seriously injured in a 2011 car crash is suing the estate of the man killed in the accident as well as the bar which he says served the victim too much alcohol.
The Winston-Salem Journal reports former State Rep. Larry Womble filed a lawsuit Tuesday alleging that David Allen Carmichael drank too much and was driving recklessly, leading to the crash that killed him.
Womble also sued 6th & Vine, a bar and restaurant which he says served Carmichael too much alcohol, even after it was evident that Carmichael was intoxicated.
The lawsuit seeks more than $10,000 in compensatory and punitive damages.
Womble was initially charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle. Last November, the charges were dismissed after further investigation.
- Updated Apple criticizes Trump over reversal of transgender bathroom guidelines
- Updated 'What's the capital of Canada?' and other weird job interview questions
- Updated SpaceX docks with space station on second try
- Updated NASA satellite photos show effects of California rain
- Updated Cheesemaker Sargento expands listeria recall, cuts supplier