GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) - Starting second baseman Jason Kipnis and veterans Lou Marson and Shelley Duncan are among 12 players signed to one-year contracts for 2012 by the Cleveland Indians on Friday.
Every player on Cleveland's 40-man roster is now under contract.
Also signed were right-handers Vinnie Pestano, Frank Herrmann, Zach McAllister, left-handers Nick Hagadone and Scott Barnes, outfielder Ezequiel Carrera and infielders Lonnie Chisenhall, Russ Canzler and Juan Diaz.
Kipnis quickly made his mark in Cleveland as a rookie last year, hitting .272 with seven home runs in 36 games. A second-round pick in 2009 as an outfielder from Arizona State, he was moved to second base in the minors.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns