GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) - Starting second baseman Jason Kipnis and veterans Lou Marson and Shelley Duncan are among 12 players signed to one-year contracts for 2012 by the Cleveland Indians on Friday.
Every player on Cleveland's 40-man roster is now under contract.
Also signed were right-handers Vinnie Pestano, Frank Herrmann, Zach McAllister, left-handers Nick Hagadone and Scott Barnes, outfielder Ezequiel Carrera and infielders Lonnie Chisenhall, Russ Canzler and Juan Diaz.
Kipnis quickly made his mark in Cleveland as a rookie last year, hitting .272 with seven home runs in 36 games. A second-round pick in 2009 as an outfielder from Arizona State, he was moved to second base in the minors.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend