FORT BRAGG - A former Fort Bragg soldier has been sentenced to 167 years in prison after pleaded guilty to seven assaults on women.
Twenty-five-year-old Aaron Pernell pleaded guilty Monday in a Hoke County courtroom.
The sentence is in addition to the 50 years he already is serving in a federal prison for an assault on Fort Bragg.
Pernell was accused of attacking a woman on Fort Bragg and raping or trying to assault seven women away from the fort. Four of the cases were in Cumberland County and the other three were in Hoke County.
The attacks occurred in 2008 and 2009. Pernell was charged in the Fort Bragg case in 2010.
Prosecutors say residents reported their attacker broke into their apartments in the middle of the night.
- Updated Spurned again in DNC vote, progressives threaten revolt
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Updated Trump declines to attend White House correspondents' dinner
- Judge rules against dismissing charges against Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- Fire reported in old Calypso Fire Station