A former Wayne County deputy is arrested following a year-long investigation.
Randy Thompson is accused of obstruction of justice as well as stealing, altering and destroying evidence.
Officials with the Wayne Co. Sheriff's Office say they began an internal investigation into Thompson in June 2012, but when Thompson resigned, the investigation came to an end.
A month after Thompson's resignation, the department asked the SBI to look into another situation brought to their attention by a citizen.
Details on the investigations have not yet been released.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates