A former Wayne County deputy is arrested following a year-long investigation.
Randy Thompson is accused of obstruction of justice as well as stealing, altering and destroying evidence.
Officials with the Wayne Co. Sheriff's Office say they began an internal investigation into Thompson in June 2012, but when Thompson resigned, the investigation came to an end.
A month after Thompson's resignation, the department asked the SBI to look into another situation brought to their attention by a citizen.
Details on the investigations have not yet been released.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day