LENOIR COUNTY - A former Kinston councilman was arrested on child pornography charges, according to the Kinston Free Press.
An official with the Lenoir County Jail told NewsChannel 12 Will Barker is behind bars on a $300,000 secured bond. He was arrested on Thursday.
Barker is charged with 10 counts of third-degree sexual exploitation of a minor, a jail official said. NewsChannel 12 is waiting to hear back from investigators for more details.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- New Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday