CRAVEN COUNTY - Donors to Friday's Food Drive provided thousands of meals and thousands of dollars to hurricane victims in the east.
The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina says donors took a total of approximately 14,000 pounds of food to Food Bank locations in New Bern and Greenville, and the NewsChannel 12 bureau in Jacksonville. That will help provide about 21,000 meals to hurricane victims.
Donors also gave approximately $3,000 in cash. The Food Bank's purchasing power will enable it to buy about $24,000 worth of food with the donated money.
The Food Bank, NewsChannel 12, and our Next Media partner radio stations sincerely thank everyone who donated and volunteered to make the Food Drive possible, helping lots of people suffering from Hurricane Irene.
- New Get ready for this year's N.C. Seafood Festival! It opens Friday.
- Updated Obama says Congress made a 'mistake' overriding his veto of Saudi lawsuit bill
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Cuban migrants
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.