CRAVEN COUNTY - Donors to Friday's Food Drive provided thousands of meals and thousands of dollars to hurricane victims in the east.
The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina says donors took a total of approximately 14,000 pounds of food to Food Bank locations in New Bern and Greenville, and the NewsChannel 12 bureau in Jacksonville. That will help provide about 21,000 meals to hurricane victims.
Donors also gave approximately $3,000 in cash. The Food Bank's purchasing power will enable it to buy about $24,000 worth of food with the donated money.
The Food Bank, NewsChannel 12, and our Next Media partner radio stations sincerely thank everyone who donated and volunteered to make the Food Drive possible, helping lots of people suffering from Hurricane Irene.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Updated Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates