CRAVEN COUNTY - Donors to Friday's Food Drive provided thousands of meals and thousands of dollars to hurricane victims in the east.
The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina says donors took a total of approximately 14,000 pounds of food to Food Bank locations in New Bern and Greenville, and the NewsChannel 12 bureau in Jacksonville. That will help provide about 21,000 meals to hurricane victims.
Donors also gave approximately $3,000 in cash. The Food Bank's purchasing power will enable it to buy about $24,000 worth of food with the donated money.
The Food Bank, NewsChannel 12, and our Next Media partner radio stations sincerely thank everyone who donated and volunteered to make the Food Drive possible, helping lots of people suffering from Hurricane Irene.
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- New Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Updated Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures
- Updated Trump rally: CEOs of Dow companies make $400 million
- Updated Tryon Palace director no longer serving position