PAMLICO COUNTY - Two schools in Eastern Carolina are having delayed openings because of the fog Wednesday morning.
Arapahoe Charter School and Pamlico County Schools are operating on a two-hour delay.
Meanwhile, a dense fog advisory remains in effect until 9 a.m. Wednesday. Visibilities are between one-quarter to one-half mile.
Dense fog will create hazardous traveling conditions. If driving, be sure to reduce your speed, use your low beam headlights, and leave plenty of distance between your vehicle and those around you.
- New Get ready for this year's N.C. Seafood Festival! It opens Friday.
- Updated Obama says Congress made a 'mistake' overriding his veto of Saudi lawsuit bill
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Cuban migrants
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.