PAMLICO COUNTY - Two schools in Eastern Carolina are having delayed openings because of the fog Wednesday morning.
Arapahoe Charter School and Pamlico County Schools are operating on a two-hour delay.
Meanwhile, a dense fog advisory remains in effect until 9 a.m. Wednesday. Visibilities are between one-quarter to one-half mile.
Dense fog will create hazardous traveling conditions. If driving, be sure to reduce your speed, use your low beam headlights, and leave plenty of distance between your vehicle and those around you.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend