MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - Heavy rain caused some flooding in the Morehead City area Thursday afternoon.
Our photographer said the roadway leading to the parking lot of a Walmart, Lowe's and Staples had several feet of standing water.
Viewer Kathy Kulin reported seeing Morehead City firefighters helping a motorist who tried to drive through a flooded parking lot at the Cypress Bay Shopping Center.
Meanwhile, parts of Highway 70 had up to 6 inches of water.
Official reports from weather officials in Newport indicate that at least four inches of rain fell in certain spots.
Parts of Highway 70 closed earlier Thursday afternoon have since reopened. But traffic was still moving slow as of late Thursday afternoon.
Click on the photo gallery above to view pictures sent in by viewers (not applicable for app users).
- Updated Kraft Heinz pulls plug on massive Unilever bid
- Updated Vice President Pence visits former Nazi concentration camp
- Priebus denies collusion between Trump campaign, Russian officials
- Bernstein: Trump's attacks on the press 'more treacherous' than Nixon's
- Syria ceasefire opens door for political solution, UN says