CRAVEN COUNTY - Flights have begun to arrive at the Coastal Carolina Regional Airport in Craven County.
The first flight arrived around 7 p.m. Thursday night.
The airport is expected to be fully operational Friday morning, but officials say they are keeping an eye on the possibility of black ice on the runway, which could shut it down.
The runway had been closed since Tuesday afternoon due to snow and ice on the runway. Officials say they could not use salt or chemicals on the runway because of the possibility of corrosion to plane wheels, and potential for run-off into the rivers nearby.
- Updated What Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton have promised to do to Obamacare
- Updated ECU, Parmalee to collect money for flood victims in separate events
- New Mormon and gay: Church says that's no contradiction
- Updated NAACP: Noose put around black student's neck
- Kinston teen getting recognition by Nickelodeon