A controlled burn in Pitt County got out of control Friday.
The fire happened about 3:00 pm on Stokestown-St. John's Rd.
According to dispatchers, the fire was a controlled burn that jumped the fire lines.
Firefighters from four county fire departments fought the blaze, along with the North Carolina Forestry Service.
The scene was cleared by 6:30 pm.
No injuries were reported.
- Updated Clinton subject of new Trump campaign apparel
- Updated Judge blocks UNC from enforcing 'bathroom bill' against 3 plaintiffs
- Updated Facebook ditches humans in favor of algorithms for trending news
- What has changed since the WDBJ shooting one year ago
- Calls grow for U.S. government to spend more