It wasn't this California boy's usual ride to school this morning!
Hundreds of other bike riders came along --- many of them veterans, and some from out of state, all wanting to show support to 13-year-old Cody Alicea.
School officials had told Alicea he shouldn't ride his American flag-decorated bike to school because some students were offended.
That kicked up a firestorm of protest.
The school superintendent has since apologized, and promised that something like that will not happen again. But the school district is now facing a lawsuit from a civil liberties group.
- Updated 4 reasons why Venezuela became the world's worst economy
- Updated Mercedes-Benz unveils first pickup truck
- Updated Women now drink nearly as much alcohol as men, study finds
- Updated Eight more local counties among 13 additional to receive Disaster Food Assistance
- New One of two workers to die in Boston trench collapse from New Bern