It wasn't this California boy's usual ride to school this morning!
Hundreds of other bike riders came along --- many of them veterans, and some from out of state, all wanting to show support to 13-year-old Cody Alicea.
School officials had told Alicea he shouldn't ride his American flag-decorated bike to school because some students were offended.
That kicked up a firestorm of protest.
The school superintendent has since apologized, and promised that something like that will not happen again. But the school district is now facing a lawsuit from a civil liberties group.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend