GREENVILLE - A Greenville man and woman face drug charges. Police say they found five pounds of marijuana inside the suspects' apartment at University Towers Housing Complex Thursday.
Officers said a K-9 alerted them to the drugs hidden in a Gatorade-style cooler in the corner of the kitchen pantry.
Willie J. Perkins, 68, and Carolyn Diane Perkins, 52, were placed in the Pitt County Detention Center. Each is charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana, felony possession of marijuana, maintaining a dwelling for selling controlled substances, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
They were placed in the Pitt County Detention Center under $25,000.00 bond each.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend