GREENVILLE - A Greenville man and woman face drug charges. Police say they found five pounds of marijuana inside the suspects' apartment at University Towers Housing Complex Thursday.
Officers said a K-9 alerted them to the drugs hidden in a Gatorade-style cooler in the corner of the kitchen pantry.
Willie J. Perkins, 68, and Carolyn Diane Perkins, 52, were placed in the Pitt County Detention Center. Each is charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana, felony possession of marijuana, maintaining a dwelling for selling controlled substances, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
They were placed in the Pitt County Detention Center under $25,000.00 bond each.
- 'Unprecedented' divide: Democrats fear recession, Republicans see boom
- Volunteers come out to help for Reef Habitat Project event
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures