OAK ISLAND, BRUNSWICK COUNTY - Authorities say a 34-year-old commercial fisherman has died after his clothing got caught in a fishing reel and he was slammed to the ground.
Wildlife officers said Jeremy Myers' uncle found the body Saturday on a boat off Oak Island after he tried to call his nephew's cellphone and didn't get an answer.
Investigators say Myers' body was wrapped in the netting, with his head pinned against the box where fish are stored.
Authorities say an autopsy has been ordered, but they believe the death will be ruled an accident.
Investigators think Myers was on the boat by himself when he was killed.
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Updated Duplin County man arrested for drugs, guns and explosives
- Updated Viewer captures photos, video of manatees in Pine Knoll Shores
- Updated Bill Cosby is legally blind, according to defense attorneys
- Updated Stocks sink on Clinton email bombshell